Sunday, September 10, 2006

What's in a name? - Revisited

I have a lot to do tonight, so this is going to be quick. Awhile back I wrote a post about some unusual last names - some enviable, some far from it. Following is a compilation that amused me while entering grades last quarter. I'll leave judging "enviableness" to you this time...

Actual last names of students:

Spurgeon
Pirkey (you have to say this one out loud)
Pittard
Houston (I wonder if she came to UH so it would be easy to remember what city it's in)
Harden
Harder
Gooder
Bang

3 comments:

Cara said...

Gooder? Does that rhyme with Pooter?

Clare said...

I have an idea of which one is "Gooder" than the rest! Hey-oooo!!!

I think Pirkey is my favorite. Still thinking about hyphenating if you end up with the current boy? ;)

margaret said...

haha-if you hyphenated, i think you would surpass me in the 'longest name ever' category...

quiet your jabber! maegan produces really awesome dialogue!

ps-i think you should tell one of your friends about the above phrase and if someone ever interrupts you, they can chime in with it. that would be sweet.