Saturday, January 28, 2006

Recess!

So I have been getting antsy in class lately. Three hours of lecturing four times a week is a little more than I can take. That ten-minute break in the middle just doesn't cut it. Yesterday I had enough time to go outside, take a couple deep breaths, notice the beautiful weather that I was missing, eat a clementine, and trudge back to class. Don't these people understand that it is not in our nature to pay attention for any prolonged period of time? I thought TV had made that abundantly clear.

Remember grade school? Recess before school, in the middle of the morning, after lunch... the possibilities were endless! There was plenty of time to be chased by a boy, form a secret club, eat two clementines, even. There was even time to dump your boyfriend and find another one. And in middle school, girls swapped boyfriends over recess like jelly bracelets, without batting an eye. That is, until a cat fight broke out, at which point the boy decided to dump both girls in favor of their other best friend.

Ten minutes is just enough time to realize what I'm missing. I want recess back! I should really write to the Chancellor about that.

No comments: