Still Blind
In case you wanted an update, I'm still "blind." I went back to the eye doctor, where they dilated my eyes and shined bright lights in my face. An hour later, they determined that I need a tiny + prescription for each eye, so I have to go back in a week to get those contacts. For now, I'm still stuck with one contact that isn't quite the right axis. And I still have to wear it when I drive. Awesome.
When I told my eye doctor that I didn't think the one contact was making a difference in my vision, she told me "it takes time." She assured me that once I have the right contacts I'll notice. (Um, thanks - so can I have those now?) She said I've basically been ignoring my left eye for awhile now... I'm not really sure what that means. Neurologically, I guess it means I'm inhibiting any out-of-focus input from the astigmatic (is that a word?) left eye. But enough nerd talk.
At this appointment they I also picked out glasses because I'm sure I'll get lazy with the contacts and want an alternative. I hope they look ok, because I picked them out while I was still dilated and everything was a little hazy. For all I know they're purple polka-dot kids' frames. I'm not gonna lie, if this putting-in-contacts thing takes up too much time in the morning, I'll wear my glasses with sunglasses over them while I drive to work/school, then promptly take both off. Kidding.
In conclusion, I'm still not sure I believe these people that I even need glasses, but we'll see once I finally get the right prescription.
On a happier note, I'm going camping this weekend! And I'm not driving, so you can bet your left eye that I'll be leaving my contact at home.

1 comment:
Sounds like the monocle would still be a viable option. And don't knock the purple polka dot kids' frames. Guess what my first pair of glasses looked like? You got it!
Post a Comment