The Glad Game

In light of recent break-downs (emotional and technical) and cold weather, fall-downs and malaise, I thought I would throw a happy wrench into the start of the weekend. Ever feel like the only positive thing that happened to you was "well.... I didn't die"? Here are some situations you can be darn glad you haven't experienced.
When King Harald Grenske of Norway proposed marriage to Queen Sigrid Storrada of Denmark in 996, she had him executed.
In the 1928 Nigerian presidential election, Charles King beat Thomas Faulkner by 600,000 votes. The error: Nigeria had only 15,000 registered voters. How would you like to be the one who had to recount all the votes?
Workers spent 90 years building the Church of Corcuetos, in Spain. The day after it was finally completed, in 1625, it collapsed.
Don't you feel better now?
I have to go now, though, because - once again - I have 63 pages of typed notes to memorize by Tuesday.

2 comments:
Aw, thanks Maegan! :) Have fun with your notes!!
like i always say, "well, it could be worse ..." it could ALWAYS be worse ...
Post a Comment