Let's Talk About People We Hate
I'm not one to hold grudges. I like to complain about people and point out how stupid they are and get over them. Recently I got over two people:
The other day I actually got out of practicum early, giving me plenty of time to get to my Wednesday night class. I realized I had forgotten to pack two full meals for my 12-hour day and all I had for dinner was yogurt and some pretzels. I knew I was going to need some back-up to make it through class, so I swung through the Wendy's near school and ordered the classic snack - fries and a frosty. (The age-old discussion of whether to dip the fries in the frosty is
beyond the scope of this post.) I got to school, parked, started walking to class, and realized my bag contained a lonely carton of fries - no frosty. There was no way I was going to go without the tasty frozen treat, and there was even less of a chance that I was going to that area of town after dark to remedy the situation, so I drove back to Wendy's immediately. I went inside and explained what I had ordered and what I was missing. A woman waiting for her food looked at me and had the nerve to ask, "You're not pregnant, are you?" First of all, no. Second of all, are you dumb? Third of all, NO. "Because that was my favorite snack when I was pregnant!" I replied, "Oh, it's been my favorite thing here since I was about five." Then she looked at me like *I* was weird.
THEN there was the time I went to visit Mike last week and I didn't get one of my suitcases. I looked at all the remaining bags from the flight, and none of them looked like mine, so I went to talk to the baggage clerk. The guy working - Scott - is a workaholic (I've seen him every time I've flown to Columbus in the last year), overly friendly but socially awkward guy, but he's probably the only person who knows what the heck is going on at that place. So anyway, I was annoyed but convinced Scott would figure it out. Scott called around 10:00 to let me know they had located my suitcase. Where was it? Nope, the airline didn't lose it - some idiot had taken the wrong one. Remember that I checked the remaining bags and not one looked like mine! At least the moron had brought it back, and Mike lives about 15 minutes from the airport so they were going to drop it off. No problem, right? Well I finally got another call at 3:05am from the driver, saying he was lost. He's giving me a hard time about not knowing exactly where he is and how to get to Mike's, and I'm explaining that I don't actually live there and it's 3am so lay off me. I then realize he's 2 blocks away, give him directions, and hang up. At 3:30 he finally rolls up with the suitcase. It felt so good to finally brush my teeth!
Luckily the rest of the weekend was free of people to hate.
Go OSU Rugby! And Happy 26th Birthday, Cara!

3 comments:
I think Leslie means "spork." You know, progeny of spoon and fork?
I did always like the Frosty spoon, though, because it had the big end with the Wendy's logo on it. Man, I miss Wendy's.
I can't believe someone else picked up the wrong bag! That's one of my biggest fears with checked baggage! You're lucky it wasn't the one with all of the Guiness Cake supplies in it - you would have never gotten that back!!
Oh the title of this blog alone cracks me up ... I am in a particularly hateful mood lately. I think it is because of my birthday falling on a very inopportune day - f*** Tuesday.
Anyway, thanks for the phone call. I know you're busy, so I am sorry that I missed you. I love night classes ... I feel like I am going to the NIT when I say I am in class at night ... getting my associates degree in medical trascription or some crap ...
discussion? what discussion? there's nothing to discuss...fries obviously get dipped in the frosty. no questions asked. having fries and a frosty without dunking would be like having vodka and cranberry juice and not mixing...i mean really, who does that?
Post a Comment