Wednesday, January 17, 2007

No Dice

Or should I say, no ICE. I agreed to go to school early (read: 7am) this morning - when I planned it, I guess I was banking on a cancellation. It did not rain one drop last night. It was a balmy 36 degrees when I woke up at 6am. UH sent out a special email to inform us that classes would, in fact, be held.

The good news - it was sleeting when I got home tonight. There was even a hint of ice on my windshield. Not enough to bust out the scraper, but enough to instill hope. Keep your fingers crossed for a 'cold day' for Houston tomorrow!

2 comments:

Pete said...

Since I can't put a link in here... I'll just put the URL:
http://www.phdcomics.com/comics/archive/phd011707s.gif

Clare said...

You mean it couldn't manage to get down to 31? How does one go about managing "potential ice formations?" Is that gov-speak for putting salt down?