Friday, January 5, 2007

Travel Pictures

Mid-morning on Friday, just a few hours into the fateful bus trip. This gas station in Navasoto, TX, doubles as a Greyhound bus stop. Check out the "hot deli" they offer!

Friday, early afternoon. Beautiful scenery somewhere around Waco.


Historic train car at the Fort Worth Greyhound/Amtrak station. I took this an hour after we arrived. It was pitch black out when we finally got on our next bus.

Another gas station/bus stop - this time in Decatur, TX. This and three other tractors decorated the perimeter of the station. I guess you can tell we hadn't made it out of Texas yet!
If we had been on schedule, this photo would have been taken at 3:35pm. Gosh, the sun sets early here!

Finally - SNOW! This is the sight that greeted me early Saturday morning, somewhere between Stratford, TX, and Springfield, CO. I never did see the state line, but I'm assuming this is in Colorado because everyone knows there's no snow in the Lone Star State!

Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown!


Taken at my sister's the morning storm #2 started.

1 comment:

Pete said...

One does have to wonder if they intended the bus stops to one day become more than just the train car or gas station. One of those, build a rail road and the town grows out of it - guess Greyhound didn't have as much luck.