Saturday, January 20, 2007

Taking Care of Busy-ness

New year's resolution: Post more often.

Why I'm probably going to have to break it: I'm taking 15 credits this semester instead of the standard 12, when 9 is considered full-time. For some reason I decided just before Christmas that this would be a good idea. In the long run, it makes sense in terms of getting through the program in a reasonable amount of time. I get to take a head injury seminar with my advisor that is only offered every 2-3 years. I'm also taking Neuropsychological Assessment of Children, Statistics, Neuropsychology Practicum (20 hours a week spent evaluating kiddos with brain disorders, learning disabilities, and ADHD), and Clinical Psychology Practicum (providing psychotherapy). Oh yeah, and I'm also supposed to finish my thesis, even though I don't have room in my schedule for thesis hours until fall.

I also decided back in December that I'd like to minor in Quantitative Studies, since I like statistics and it will help greatly with present and future research. Thus why I feel I must take extra credits now just to keep up.

Have you ever heard that saying, "If you need something done, ask a busy person to do it?" I think I'm going to test that out this semester, so if you have any favors to call in or odd jobs to complete, give me a call. I'll do what I can. I figure - if I continue at this pace, I may just finish in six years instead of ten!

3 comments:

Pete said...

So having your palm pilot fixed will help you be even more productive -- or maybe just schedule in time to sleep! Only 4.5 more years to go! Woohoo!

Cara said...

First: "20 hours a week spent evaluating kiddos with brain disorders, learning disabilities, and ADHD" --> too bad my bro is now 19. He would have been an excellent candidate for observation (he is now currently incarcerated).

Second: You're too smart :)

Clare said...

It's true. When I'm not busy here in 9-5 land, stuff does not get done. The quickest way to get me to do a bunch of stuff? Give me a bunch of stuff to do! :) Good luck!!