Happy Pants

Some days are just better than others. Here are some reasons today is a good day:
1) I woke up within 5 minutes of when I wanted to.
2) My shower was nice and hot.
3) My hair is behaving today and actually looks rather nice, if I do say so myself (and I do).
4) I rocked my Neuro midterm... well I suppose that will be determined by Dr M, but I feel pretty good about it, AND:
5) My midterm is OVER.
6) Because of said midterm, I didn't have to stand around for 3 hours proctoring exams (however, I do owe Kelly big time for filling in).
7) I have 100 essays to grade by next week. This might seem like a bad thing, but originally it was 200. Reductions are generally good.
8) Only 2 days until my 3rd anniversary with my boyfriend. He is in Ohio (bad thing) but I am supposed to get a package from him today (yay!).
9) My little sister thinks I'm cool!
10) I haven't spilled anything on myself yet today. Wait, I take that back - but it was just water, and I even had time to blow-dry the spot before I left for class.
11) I have time to work out tonight!
12) No class tomorrow!
So, in a nutshell, my life is pretty boring. Apparently it doesn't take much to excite me.
I would also like to comment on Groundhog Day - lay off me for being slow, I was studying! I don't believe in superstitions, folklore, or the like, but I must say that every year I am suckered into caring about Punxsutawney Phil - for about 10 seconds. I like to know what the verdict is so I can rationalize it away if I don't like it. If he doesn't see his shadow, I say, "Sweet! Warm up already!" If he does, I say, "This whole thing is a load of crap! And a publicity stunt! Where's Matt Lauer?"
This year was no different. I forgot it was G-day till I turned on the news in the morning, just in time to see the chubby little bugger being manhandled by Mr. Monopoly, who was making an announcement about 6 more weeks of winter. I was disappointed for 4.6 seconds, and I was about to launch into "This whole thing..." when I remembered that I live in TEXAS. The holiday is more useless than ever. And that is the #13 best thing about today.
Later, folks. I'll be at the pool!

3 comments:
This is in response to your "quote of the week": Mike is dead on the money. I is POOR!
wow...it's kind of creepy how similar we are. It's like those twin studies, where twins are separated at birth and then reunited much later, only to realize they've turned out very similar to each other. Except we're not twins. And we were aware of each other's existance. But my point is, my new form of exercise is swimming, and I'm assuming that's what you meant when you said you'd be at the pool...creepy.
Groundhog Day is for dummies. Where's Matt Lauer!! Funny - I guess there is something good about living in Texas after all - no winter!
Post a Comment